Search This Blog

Monday, June 12, 2017

Day 12 - Whitehorse

After seeing all of the bears, we were discussing buying bear spray. Cathy said she thought we should buy some. Then she said, “I do have bear balls.” I wasn’t sure if she meant “bear” balls or “bare” balls. I also wasn’t sure how either one would help the situation if she ran into a hungry bear. I suppose a woman walking in the woods and meeting a bear could hold up some “bear balls” and say, “This is what happened to the last bear that messed with me!” That should discourage any further confrontation. I have no idea how “bare balls” could help.
She quickly turned red and said “Bear bells! I have bear bells!”

Today was a “rest” day. We (Aris and I) went grocery shopping while the girls did the laundry. After lunch we hit a couple of museums in Whitehorse. The first was about the AlCan highway and Whitehorse history. The second was a tour on a river boat, The Klondike and we saw a short film about the river boats.







We then went to an interpretive center about the sub-continent Beringia and ancient animals and people.

No comments:

Post a Comment