Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Day 5 Mosquito creek

They have eco bridges here in Banff national park. They the roadways with 8 foot fences that guide the wildlife to bridges with grass and trees to keep the interaction between animals and vehicles to a minimum. So when Aris jumped out to get pictures of mama bear and her two babies the question was if she could climb the fence faster than he could get back into the truck. I promised him I would put the video on you tube if it happened.
Luckily we just got pictures and no action shots.































We set up camp in Mosquito Creek camp ground just North of Lake Louise. There were no hook ups, but we found nice camp sites and headed off to Banff for the day. We had some navigation problems, but we managed to find the HooDoos on Tunnel Mountain.
I remember my dad and us playing:
You look like the man with the HooDoo!
HooDoo?
You do .
Do what?
Look like the man with the HooDoo,
HooDoo?
You do.
And it would go on until Mom finally said “That’s enough!”
Hoo Doos are types of rock formations that look like they are giving you the finger.

We have a problem when I am leading and we are trying to find our way in town. I do fine out in the woods. My map readers are not much help.
We finally made it to Sulfur Mountain Gondola and I sent my camera up with Bertha and the crew while Hedda, Molly and I sat down on the picnic table and had Starbuck’s.



The ride home was uneventful except for the above mentioned grizzly and cubs. Bill also had an adventure with a gas pump and a credit card, but that is a story for him to tell.


We were surprised to find the campground full. We also continuously find other Dutchies who are vacationing in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment