Search This Blog

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Day 23 - Anchorage

Moose!  There were two mooses two meese two mice one moose and then another.  They scattered quickly after we stopped so there was no picture taking.  There are signs on the highway saying that there has been 322 moose killed on this road since last October.  I guess I can finally admit that there are moose in Alaska.  I have been saying that we have seen more moose in Idaho than here.  And I said that the ones by the lodge in Denali were tame and set out for the tourists.  I even believed that they had been dropping old moose poop from airplanes for us to find.  Now I am a believer.
We fought through some city traffic and road construction and found Fort Richardson/Elmandorf  AFB.  We got signed in OK and headed for the Black Spruce on base RV park.  Nice pull through spots with full hook-ups for $33.  Not bad for city living.  Nice facilities also.
Huge BX and commissary spent some more grocery money and picked up some cold medicine.
Cathy and Bill made campfire dinners even though we didn't have a campfire.  We are eating pretty good with some pineapple upside down cake to top it off.
Bill, Molly and I went for a walk.  The porcupine was not happy with Molly disturbing him and he was headed her way.  Luckily Molly had enough sense to stay away from him.  I threw some rocks at him and he headed my way.  We caught Molly and left the area.  The last we saw of him he was headed back across the railroad tracks.
Both girls are feeling poorly.  Maybe a good nights sleep will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment